Another thing I’ve learned from playing so many ranked games: explaining your point in champ select will literally get you nowhere.
The game went the exact same way it would have even if I had explained my point in champ select. In fact the only difference is that it saved me a headache and frustration.
Our KDAs aren’t that far, that’s true. However, (1) I have played over 520 ranked games as Zyra support, so my average WILL be about the same as someone who has played 5 games (2) Your Zyra builds are not at all optimized for that champion at all.
(1) I understand the frustration that comes when someone is just like “I’ve played more games with this champ than you, so I most definitely know what I’m talking about”, so I won’t even argue that point. What I will say is that my comfort level is higher than yours with Zyra and I think I have a better understanding of her kit than you as well. I will also acknowledge that this is a biased point as there are people with MORE Zyra games than I who are worse at the champion, so let’s just move on.
(2) In several of your games, you do not upgrade your GP10 item, you rush Athene’s, you never opt for a sweeper or upgraded trinket, and you seem to hate exhaust. I’ll address each issue in the order it was brought up.
- GP10: Supports don’t make a lot of gold. That’s a fact. Your only source of gold, besides ambient gold, is your GP10 and any assists or kills you receive. As you are Silver 3 (closing in on Silver 2), you should already start to notice that kills aren’t as easy to receive in lane and that now its a farming game. Zyra is not one of the champs that does very well in a farming champion: she doesn’t have sustain, she is very squishy, and her cooldowns are pretty high early game. As such, you want to either maximize your killing potential or prepare to turtle it out to level 11. In all of your ranked games thus far, I’ve yet to see you upgrade a single of your Spellthieves items. What this tells me is: (1) You don’t truly understand the use of GP10 as you receive so many kills in lane; (2) You tend to go hyper aggressive in lane regardless of the matchup. In the some instances, aggression is fine, but against a Twitch, Rengar, and Thresh: do you really think the answer is to be super-hyper aggro?
- Athene’s Unholy Grail: Not a bad item, in and of itself, but for some reason you seem to think this is a base item on literally all supports against every single matchup ever. The MR is not at all worth rushing for in several of the instances that you built it as 75% of the time, the team was 90% AD and the AP Carry was ridiculously underfed. Also, if you opt for this in laning phase as Zyra, you are giving up a ridiculous amount of your killing potential. A better item would be Haunting Guize and maybe some Faerie Charms or mana pots. You shouldn’t be running out of mana at all in laning phase, and I mean at all. Most of Zyra’s damage is in her autos due to her obnoxiously high range. Knock them down with some autos and then use a single spell to cc them while dealing that sweet, sweet damage.
- Sweeper and Upgraded Trinkets: Supports are tasked with the burden of warding AND COUNTERWARDING. Controlling vision is primarily your task. Sure, giving vision is helpful, but if you allow your opponents to have vision as well, you just have to hope and pray that they can’t outplay you with that vision. I understand its not ideal in every situation, but if you notice that not a single other person on your team has a sweeper trinket, it would make sense for you (the person that is warding) to buy one, and clear out wards while providing the vision. Just a simple way to climb, honestly.
- Heal versus Exhaust: This shouldn’t even be a real conversation. Double Heal has been nerfed. It is not good anymore. There is an entire debuff that Riot put out to stop that from working. Late game, all two heals do is make you wish that you hadn’t engaged in that fight. Exhaust doesn’t heal your ADC, but what it does do is stop your ADC from dying while giving you an amazing slow. Plus, placed on the right person, you can win an entire team fight from that. The range on exhaust is also larger than that of heal’s range, so there’s that.
Those are all the things I saw when I researched you and those reasons are why I refused to go support.
There is literally no way I could explain all of this to you in champ select or that you would even listen to me.
Thanks again for responding and best of luck on the Rift.
Edit: I would just like to take a second to thank you for being courteous in your question and not raging. I appreciate it and gave you the same respect in my response as well.
Hey there, Insomnia Zombie.
First off, I want to say: thanks for asking a question. I never get these anymore. Lol
Second off, as someone who as played over 500 ranked games as both support and Zyra, let me explain to you an important thing about solo queue: don’t listen to your teammates.
They will lose the game for you. At all times. ESPECIALLY when they have less games, less wins, and a worst KDA with a champion.
Did you check out my twitch too? You could learn a few things about support Zyra there as well.
I’d recommend watching this particular clip as it shows how even without your teammates, if you’re a good player, you can still win the game.
Thanks for the question! Good luck getting to Gold~
For anyone interested, here is the game in question: [ x ]. This particular anon was the Zyra.
laugh at him for bein a bronzie scrub and then find yoself a real man
WHY IS THIS SO RELEVANT TO MY LIFE?
This one time I had a crush on a guy because he looked like Charlie Day, but then I stopped having a crush on him because he acted like Charlie Sheen.
GODDAMMIT DT. NO FUCKING DRINKS FOR YOU. LITERALLY EVER.
Remember that one time I lost a game to a 6 Doran Blade Fiora?
I may or may not have a problem. No, okay. I do.
I keep fucking turning around because I feel like the spider’s fucking family is standing there all like VENGENCE IS A BITCH, BITCH.
I felt something on my back and I brushed it off and it was a spider and it landed on my leg and then I killed it, but not until I screamed HELP and then my roommate came in and we both cried because it was a big hairy spider the size of my nail and my leg hurt and we thought it was a brown recluse and we fucking called 911 and were just crying because I was going to die and 911 fucking sat there on the phone with me until the paramedics and poison control came and it wasn’t a fucking brown recluse it was just a daddy longlegs and the paramedics laughed at me, but I am still crying.
If you didn’t think Gold was shit, you will now.
Synda builds AP, gets 10 kills and then sells everything and spends the rest of the game buying zeals.
I don't do it.